Sponsored By: Hidroeléctrica de Cahora Bassa (HCB)
Studying at: Industrial and Commerical Institute, Nampula, Mozambique
I believe that education is the best weapon to combat social and gender inequality.
Quick Fire Questions
- Favourite film/TV Programme
- The Fault is in Our Stars
- Favourite colour
- Favourite school subject
- Favourite childhood toy
- Animated books and barbie dolls
- You’ve just won the lottery, what’s the first thing you will buy?
- A lucrative business idea
- Where in Mozambique did you grow up?
- I spent a good part of my childhood in Beira city, where I was born, being the only daughter of my mother (Rosa Machavel) who is a teacher, and living with her and my stepfather (João Manuel) who is a truck driver. I have 1 sister and 3 brothers from my father’s side (Manuel Chipeja), who is a doctor.
- What’s your most memorable childhood memory?
- The best childhood memory I have is the afternoons I spent with my deceased grandfathers (Selime and Arnolfo Machavel).
- Who is your favourite music artist?
- My favorite style of music is pop. I grew up listening to the Disney series songs and I have Beyonce as a reference, she is my favorite artist.
“Field Ready is the bridge between recent graduates and industries, through excellent education.”
- What would you like to be doing in 5 years time?
- In 5 years I want to be working in one of the largest companies in Mozambique, having moved from the junior engineer category to a full engineer. I want to have a master’s degree and hope to be developing a project that I have been designing with a view to helping raise girls education rates in Mozambique (with emphasis on girls who are socially and economically disadvantaged).
- What or who is your biggest inspiration?
- My biggest inspiration is my mother, she is the most hard-working woman I have ever met, and she has struggled a lot to provide me the best possible lifestyle and education that I could have. She is also a person who has shown more love for me during all my life.
- What is your biggest achievement to date?
- So far, my biggest achievements are the distinction prize I received in the first place at the Pensar Língua competition, organized by a Portuguese University, the University of Aveiro, and also my degree in Engineering and Management in Alternate Energies and Petroleum Resources.
- Finally, what is your most hated food?
- There is a large list of foods that I hate, but the worst are okra and cacana.