Sponsored By: HCB
Studying at:Industrial and Commercial Institute, Nampula, Mozambique
I believe through Engineering I can actively be a part of my country’s development.
Quick Fire Questions
- Favourite film/TV Programme
- The Butler
- Favourite colour
- Favourite school subject
- Favourite childhood toy
- A ball
- You’ve just won the lottery, what’s the first thing you will buy?
- A car for my mother
- Where in Mozambique did you grow up?
- I grew up in Maputo city in a area called Laulane, with my dad who’s a Journalist and my mother who is a poultry farmer. I have 2 brothers!
- What’s your most memorable childhood memory?
- My best memories of my childhood are my friends and I playing different types of games in the street where I live. I miss those days. We would play in the street till late night. It was really fun!
- Who is your favourite music artist?
- My favourite Music Artists are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown and Adele. But I do listen to many other music artists that sing different genres of music. I like Soul, R&B, Hip Hop, country and even Jazz music.
“Field Ready is the bridge between a successful college life and a successful career starting. By becoming a successful engineer, I intend to inspire and be a role model for my country’s young dreamers.”
- What would you like to be doing in 5 years time?
- In 5 years time, I expect to be an expert in my career field that I’ll be starting after the Field Ready program. I expect to be leading teams toward the growth of the company that I’ll be working in, and I expect to have some positive impact in the growth of my teammates. I have lived in a foreign country (India) for 4 years, so if I have to travel to work, I’m ready to. Working in a group offshore would be a very interesting experience which I’m looking forward to also!
- What or who is your biggest inspiration?
- My biggest inspiration are my parents who from day one have fought with all they could to provide us (myself and my brothers) with everything we needed to go to school and college. They made our education a priority and for that, I will eternally grateful to them.
- What is your biggest achievement to date?
- My biggest achievement was to graduate from college at 22 years old without failing any subject during the course. I am also proud that I can speak 3 languages (Portuguese, English and Hindi which I learned during my time in India.)
- Finally, what is your most hated food?
- I hate beet salad!